The Stage 5 Music course is completed over two years and builds on the mandatory Music components studied during Stage 4. Students:
• Build on their skills, experiences & knowledge gained in Years 7 and/or 8
• Select an instrument of their choice to study and develop their skills on
• Develop their performance skills in the form of ensembles
• Have opportunities to perform works at school functions and outside in the school community
• Write and speak critically about Music genres and concepts
Students study topics such as ‘Australian Music', ‘Music of a Culture', ‘Jazz Music', ‘Popular Music' and ‘Classical Music' whilst also developing their composition, performance and listening skills. Students are required to supply their own headphones whist studying the course. Students are given homework to complete periodically, based on the work covered in class or as revision for their examination.