In Years 7 & 8:-
Students will develop knowledge, skills and understanding:
- through inquiry, application of problem-solving strategies including the selection and use of appropriate technology, communication, reasoning and reflection
- in mental and written computation and numerical reasoning
- in patterning, generalisation and algebraic reasoning
- in collecting, representing, analysing and evaluating information
- in identifying and quantifying the attributes of shapes and objects and applying measurement strategies
- in spatial visualisation and geometric reasoning.
Throughout Years 7 & 8, students will learn to:
- appreciate mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life
- show interest and enjoyment in inquiry and the pursuit of mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding
- demonstrate confidence in applying mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding to everyday situations and the solution of everyday problems
- develop and demonstrate perseverance in undertaking mathematical challenges
- recognise that mathematics has been developed in many cultures in response to real life needs.
Year 7 working hard in class