Software Design and Development (SDD)
Students are prepared for the HSC course Software Design and Development. Topics covered are:
- Concepts and Issues in the Design and Development of Software
- Introduction to Software Development
- Developing Software Solutions
- Development and Impact of Software Solutions
- Software Development Cycle
- Developing a Solution Package
- The Interrelationship between Software And Hardware
A major component of the course is the project. A group project is completed in Year 11 and an individual major programming project must be completed in Year 12.
As with all Stage 6 subjects SDD requires a commitment outside of class time. Besides the usual study, SDD projects will require some hours programming, testing and debugging their projects.