Personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE) is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10.
We support your child’s health and safety through a range of strategies including:
- the behaviour code for students, which outlines the standards of behaviour expected in all NSW public schools
- anti-racism education
- anti-bullying programs
- conflict resolution and mediation training
- peer support
- road safety education
- the Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
For more information, visit the student wellbeing section of the department’s website.
According to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), students are expected to participate in PDHPE for 300 hours per year in Years 7 to 10.
PDHPE provides students with opportunities to explore issues that are likely to impact on the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others – now and in the future. Students also participate in challenging and enjoyable physical activity, improving their capacity to move with skill and confidence.
In Year 11 and 12, courses available include:
- Community and Family Studies
- Exploring Early Childhood
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
- Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation Studies.
Mr Stephan Madyski (Head Teacher)
Ms Nikki Burcher (Year 8 Assistant Adviser)
Ms Wendy Cooper (HT Secondary Studies)
Mr Youssef Dablan (Year 10 Adviser)
Ms Nadine Ghabash
Ms Eman Kachkach
Ms Emily Reid