The Diverse Learning Faculty (established 2021), supports a diverse range of students and caters to their individual needs. Diverse Learning supports students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Our facilities and teaching pedagogy reflect best evidence-based practices that support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their learning. We work closely with our student’s families to develop Personalised Learning and Support Plans that communicate clear and realistic goals for each student. We aim to provide the highest quality of educational experiences for our students that reflect our contemporary society.
· Safe, predicable and calm learning environments;
· Small class sizes;
· Personalised Learning;
· School Learning and Support Officer’s for each lesson;
· Strong focus on social skills;
· Opportunities to integrate into regular curriculum or mainstream classes;
· Inclusive opportunities across the school;
· Reward incentives through Moorebank High School’s PBL program;
· Community access and transitional programs.
Our team is highly qualified and experienced to support a diverse range of student needs. We regularly engage in professional learning around Autism to keep our skills up to date with the latest research in inclusive education.
Head Teacher: Ms Rebecca Glen
Teacher: Fiona Jones
Teacher: Catherine Lu
Teacher: Fernanda Valdes-Chepe
SLSO: Tamara Hanger
SLSO: Kendall Ball
SLSO: Sandra Giwargis.